A Show Stopper

Students spend hours preparing for the annual fall musical

Rebecca Donaldson

Starting Nov. 16, the musical production of ‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’ will be performed through Nov.18 at 7 p.m..

The production will have 23 sets and 12 locations. Compared to ‘Shrek’ last year having eight locations. Unlike previous years, this show requires a full orchestra.

“In 1962, the musical we chose won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Tony Award for Best Musical and Best Book,” Director, Jeff Boyer said.

‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’ has a new style and includes fun music. This years performance will include a special guest performer. The guest performer’s voice will be used throughout the musical. Come watch and stay until the end to find out who it is.

“This musical displays key societal issues in a comical way, but also shows these issues being solved. It is a really fun show to put on,” Freshman, Shelton Byrnes said.

‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’ offers leads for returning actors and actresses, such as Rylie Purling. Who played Fiona in the production of ‘Shrek’ last year. It also offers main roles for newer faces, like Byrnes.

“This show is a very comedic show filled with high energy,” Purling said, “It’s filled with plot twists.”

‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’ accommodates for comedy, romance, suspense, and singing.

“There’s a lot of kissing scenes and romance,” Sophomore Bronze Constantino said.

Among a few of the performers, the finale scene is one of the most favorited. Stick around for the entire production to see what the buzz is about.

“My favorite scene is definitely the final scene when we sing the song “Brotherhood of Man”. It is definitely a song that will get stuck in the audience’s head,” Byrnes said.

Tickets will be available starting Nov. 6. Students can buy them at the Bookkeeping window for $5 or can get in free by showing their activity pass. They will also be available online at Showtix4you.com. Although you are able to purchase tickets at the door, they are reserved so the earlier you purchase your tickets, the better seat you will have.

Brooklyn Armbruster