In the blink of an eye

Kelsee Garinger

I have always said I can’t wait to graduate and be done with school, now that it is so close I realize that I am honestly not ready to say goodbye and become an adult. It is exciting and terrifying to think that in less than a month I will be a high school graduate and soon after be moving on to college at Washburn University to get my teaching degree and taking a leap into adulthood. It still hasn’t really hit me that I will be graduating soon, and it probably won’t really hit me until I am walking across the stage and getting my diploma.
I never really believed the people that said high school went by in a blink of an eye, but trust me they weren’t lying. I feel like just yesterday I was walking the halls of Shawnee Heights as a scared little freshman and now I am about to say goodbye.
At least I can honestly say during my last year as a high school student I have learned so much. I have learned that not everything is going to be easy, classes get harder, friends drift apart, and time truly does fly by.
Although I honestly never would of thought that I would say that I am truly grateful for my high school years and everyone I have met, everyone I have loved, have hated, have learned from, and every other experience that I have had during my high school years.